Dr Bawa is committed to providing a safe and comfortable environment. An environment in which patients and staff can be confident that best practice is followed at all times and where everyone’s safety is of paramount importance.
We recommend that all patients are seen at some point during the consultation process alone with our clinician. This is to ensure patients are free to express any concerns or worries in their own words and without fear of coercion or threat from any accompanying individual. However, all patients are entitled to have a chaperone present for any consultation, examination or procedure where they feel one is required.
Regardless of gender of the patient or clinician, you will be offered the option of having an impartial observer (chaperone) present for any intimate examination. Our trained staff routinely undertake this role and will:
- Be sensitive and respect your dignity and confidentiality
- Reassure you in the event of distress or discomfort
- Be familiar with the procedures involved
- Stay for the whole examination and be able to see what the clinician is doing, if practical
- Be prepared to raise concerns if they are concerned about the clinician’s behaviour or actions.
Your healthcare professional may also require and request a chaperone to be present for certain consultations in accordance with our chaperone policy.
Arrange a consultationBook Now
Information on fees